This self-directed course is for first-line and mid-level leaders who want to get great results the right way.
Most leadership courses focus on theory and fill you with esoteric jargon.
This course focuses on DOING. You get clear action steps to implement the 6 Habits of Leading Well so that you inspire people to contribute their best to your team's success.
Imagine the impact if you could be just ten percent more productive and to inspire your employees to do the same.
Most leaders spend fifty percent or more of their time ensuring their employees do their jobs, dealing with complaints and conflict, rework, and other unproductive activity.
If you make $100k per year, that means $50k consumed in something other than being productive.
If you could reprogram just ten percent of that time for actions the grow your business, you increase your productive time by $5,000 plus the added revenues.
Do the same for your direct reports and you are well into five-figure impact.
Retain just one more employee and you've saved the replacement cost for that person, somewhere between 50 - 200% of the position's annual salary.
This course helps you do all of that and more. It's your classic low-cost, high-payoff investment.
- Lead as the best version of yourself
- Coach your employees to contribute as their best selves
Engage and retain your top talent
- Boost performance and accountability without feeling like a jerk
Gain buy-in so that your employees do what’s right - the right way - without you having to watch
- Build your arsenal of leadership experiences so you can have better tools at your disposal to solve challenging problems
- Identify your servant leader archetype: Pioneer, Reconciler, Operator, or Maverick (PROM).
- Build the healthy habits for your archetype so you lead as your best self.
- Prune away average habits that hold you back so that you avoid leading below your potential.
- Build the right team around you by putting other archetypes in roles that match their natural strengths (aka Superpowers).
- Build trust so that you safeguard your credibility and boost your influence with your boss, peers, partners, and employees.
- Treat people with respect so that you earn it yourself, boost the impact of diversity and inclusion, and motivate people to contribute their best.
- Coach your employees to contribute as their best and most authentic selves so that you boost their productivity 2X- 3X and avoid pushing them away with the mini-me syndrome.
- Develop your employees and your systems so that you leave your team better and leave a legacy of excellence that lasts beyond your tenure.
- Build your empathy skills with simple strategies that work NOW
- Develop your client-centric empathy map so that you can anticipate and meet their needs/
- Create your boss-centric empathy map so that you can boost your influence without coming across as whining, badgering, or attention-seeking.
- Build your employee-centric empathy map so that you can see yourself through the eyes of your team and treat each person as they wish to be treated.
4. Take responsibility so that you can promote innovation and sensible risk-taking and hold people accountable for results and values ... without feeling like a jerk.
- Boost innovation and sensible risk taking.
- Motivate people to learn from their experiences without finger-pointing and blame-games.
- Gain clarity in how to give guidance and instructions so that people know precisely what you expect and why.
- Get great results, on time, without browbeating or micromanaging.
5. Connect the why so that everyone knows exactly how their work contributes to success. Once this happens, your team will do what’s right, the right way, without you having to watch.
- Build commitment so that your employees do what's right without constant supervision.
- Inspire initiative and avoid micromanaging by using the eyes-on, hands-off approach.
- Develop clear employee mission statements so that each person feels clear ownership in what they do and how their efforts contribute to success.
- Get the best from coaches and mentors.
- Create action steps to gain best practices from other great leaders and teams.
- Make new mistakes instead of repeating the ones everyone else is making.
SLA’s leader archetypes gave us a framework to discuss the ways that people lead differently and how we celebrate that diversity as we build commitment to a common culture. This is already benefiting our retention, engagement and morale.
MICHELE FLOURNOY, CEO, WestExec Advisors
StartLeading with Authenticity as the best version of yourself (20:25)
StartYour PROM Servant Leader Archetype Assessment
StartThe Pioneer (2:04)
StartThe Reconciler (1:43)
StartThe Operator (1:50)
StartThe Maverick (1:47)
StartHow to be a Coach without becoming a Cloner (21:56)
StartLincoln: leading as the best version of yourself (1:12)
StartBe your best self - Assignment (2:52)
StartSummary and Action Steps
StartResource: PROM eBook: Build Your Winning Team
StartResource: PROM Superpower Cheat Sheets
StartTrustworthiness, Respect, and Stewardship intro (5:05)
StartHabit #2: The 3 Core Principles of Leadership (13:02)
StartBuilding Trust so people believe in you (14:12)
PreviewEarn Respect by giving it first (13:09)
StartFostering Stewardship to create lasting excellence (14:46)
StartWeekly check-ins done right: video + assignment (4:05)
Start90-day update with your direct reports: video + assignment (5:29)
StartSummary and Action Steps
The leader archetypes have given me a framework to think about leader diversity and what natural inclinations people bring to the table. It’s also helped me communicate more effectively and develop action plans with my team and our clients.
Karen Seitz, Founder and Managing Director, Fusion Partners Global
We are seeing at least a 50% improvement in the levels of ownership and engagement and our conversion numbers have increased by 15%, bringing more revenue into the company.
Stefan McFarland, Vice President, Aspire