Win the 1st Battle for your Next Career
This Course is for senior military leaders who are in transition or recently retired, who are coachable, ready to roll-up their sleeves to set-up themselves for success.
This course provides you with a strategic approach for your transition, so you will:
- Find a next career that you love by using this practical framework
- Determine the right roles for you in the right organizations with the right values in the right industry / sector / cause by developing your compelling purpose, outlining your values, and determining the roles that will put you in a state of flow
- Get the right attention by the right organizations for the right reasons by positioning yourself as an expert who offers significant value
- Avoid wasting your time, talent, and energy in dead-end jobs or toxic cultures
- Stop being trapped in the resume-writing – interview-churning – "we're-moving-in-a-different-direction" hamster wheel.
- Attract the right employers for the right reasons by developing an authentic value proposition that helps them see you as a high-payoff investment,
- Get noticed by the right people for the right jobs by building a relevant network and conducting highly effective prospecting,
- Avoid common interview traps and setting important work boundaries by dealing with these objections most senior military leaders face
- Maximize your chances of success for the right roles with the right companies by learning to use this one important tool.
Why you need this:
- Most veteran hiring programs are for young troopers and junior officers, not for you
- Many companies don’t know what to do with us … and we tend not to help them very much
- Think about this: Companies take a much higher risk in hiring you – bigger salary, bigger role = bigger risk of expensive fall out if you are not a good fit.
- Many of our predecessors have not exactly covered themselves in glory – bad senior hires have a much larger impact than bad junior hires.
- You need ways to help them see you as a low-risk, high-payoff hire who can add clear and compelling value to the organization.
Why Listen to Chris?
- I've walked a mile in your boots and made every mistake that I'll help you avoid -- let my painful journey be your short-cut to success and your defense against expensive mistakes.
- I’ve been in their shoes – I am also very selecting about bringing people into my business. My name, reputation, and livelihood are attached to it … I have rejected highly qualified people … people just like you.
- I know the real-world objections you are likely to face
- I know the time-tested process for getting the right attention from the right people and how you can apply it as you search for a second career.
- I’ve learned that you have to know yourself beyond the military in order to find a second career you love.
Leading through the COVID-19 Crisis course is a collaborative effort of all the Strategic Leaders Academy consultants, Erik Kober, Chris Kolenda, Tom Luscher, Jeff Marquez, and John O'Grady.
Founder of the Strategic Leaders Academy, Chris has helped small business and nonprofit CEOs grow by over $25 million and counting. He is a West Point graduate, internationally renowned combat leader, retired Army Colonel, business leader and author of the critically acclaimed book, Leadership: The Warrior’s Art -- which has sold over 50,000 copies, Chris draws from a storied military career and extensive practice and scholarship, to help leaders and teams grow and succeed sustainably. He has been featured on CNN, MSNBC, BBC, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
StartLearn about your WHO. Step 1: SLA's 4 Leader Archetypes (47:20)
StartStep 2: Read SLA's eBook about the 4 Leader Archetypes
StartStep 3: Discover Your Archetype and How to be the Best Version of Yourself
StartStep 4: Learn more about your archetype (10:17)
StartDefine your WHO: Self-Assessment and Worksheet
StartWhat Principles and Values Drive You: Self-Assessment
StartDefine Your Ideal Workplace Culture: Self-Assessment
StartDetermine your HOW: Worksheet
StartDevelop your WHY: Worksheet
StartPutting it Together: What are your ideal Vocations, Values, and Roles
StartCongratulations - Next Step: Create your AVP